[CM] snd with guile 1.5.6

Sun, 30 Jun 2002 16:15:25 -0700 (PDT)

> ./configure GUILE_CONFIG_path=/usr/local/bin assuming that the script is
> looking for /usr/local/bin/guile-config

What I have done in the past is to just change the PATH environment
variable to have the guile bin install directory at the beginning, in your
case /usr/local/bin, after that the snd configure script finds it by
itself.

> checking for /usr/lib/snd/bin/guile-config... no
> checking for Guile... 1.5.6
>
> where the directory path looks quite strange to me.
> Even with removing the old guile files under /usr/bin I got the same
> output and
> after compiling snd the program returned
>
> snd: error while loading shared libraries: libguile.so.14: cannot open

Check to see if you have /usr/local/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf, if not add it
and run ldconfig.

-- Fernando