[CM] rhythm durations and rests

Korhan Erel korhanerel@superonline.com
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:28:49 +0200

Hi Pete,

I'm also struggling with lack of documentation. Here's what I managed to
come up with regarding durations:

W - whole
H - half
Q - quarter
E - eighth
S - 16th
T - 32th
X - 64th

You should put a . next to a symbol to get the dotted duration. If you
add more than one . next to the symbol, you can increase the duration in
a geometric series. For example at 120 BPM

(rhythm 'w) is 2.0
(rhythm 'w.) is 3.0
(rhythm 'w..) is 3.5
(rhythm 'w...) is 3.75
(rhythm 'w....) is 3.875

You can also put an "h" next to the symbol and it increases the duration
by 0.6, but I don't exactly know what this is, because I am not that
familiar with notation.

I'm sure people on the list would have a much better explanation on this
list, but I hope this helps.

One way of getting more info about CM functions is to study the sources.
I found out that CM can even generate midi time code, smpte and stuff...
Check out the midi1, midi2, midi3 lisp files in the src directory.

Korhan