[CM] update suggest. for OSX clm install notes

Bret Battey bbattey@u.washington.edu
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 11:47:27 -0800

OK, I got CLM to compile this morning. It appears there are things
other than the X11 headers that are required but are not installed by
default by the XCode Tools installer. I told the Xcode Tools installer
to install *everything* and then the CLM load worked.

I think the following note in the OSX installation notes would help
guide people with new OSX setups:

"To use CLM, you will need OSX Xcode Tools in order to provide the C
compiler and other resources. New Macintoshes are generally not
delivered with Xcode Tools already installed, but in this case you may
find the Xcode Tools installer in an "Installers" folder in the
computer's "Applications" folder. An Xcode Tools CD may be included if
you purchased OSX as an upgrade in a box. You can also download the
installer package directly from the Apple Developer Connection Member
Site. IMPORTANT: the default Xcode Tools install does not install all
components necessary to run CLM. When running the Xcode Tools
installer, customize the install and make sure ALL components of Xcode
Tools are selected for installation."

-=Bret