[CM] ondes martenot

Gregory D. Weber gdweber@indiana.edu
Mon, 04 Jul 2005 17:12:14 -0400

"M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <znmeb@cesmail.net> writes:

> I don't know of any digital ones, but apparently there are several
> original models or copies still in existence. Messiaen's Turangalila
> Symphony is performed fairly often and there are several ondists who
> perform on the instrument. The original patent was in 1928; does anyone
> know if that has run out?

In the U.S., newer copyrights are for 20 years from the date of application,
but before 1995, the duration was 17 years from the date issued.  I got this
from the patent FAQ here:
   http://www.patentcafe.com/faq/index.asp?id=2

I don't know about other countries, though.

> I'd think it would be easy to emulate digitally, but I'd rather seen and
> hear the real thing. :)

[snip]

--
Gregory D. Weber             http://mypage.iu.edu/~gdweber/