[CM] troubles with ladspa menu

Jonathan Murphy typetosmurky@yahoo.com.au
Wed, 04 Jan 2006 11:45:57 -0500

Bill Schottstaedt wrote:

>call-with-new-thread has been in Guile since at least version 1.3.4, but
>you need to build Guile with threads support.  Was your version built
>with --disable-linuxthreads or some such switch?  If you run guile
>itself, I think you'll get the same error:
>
>guile> call-with-new-thread
><unnamed port>: In expression call-with-new-thread:
><unnamed port>: Unbound variable: call-with-new-thread
>ABORT: (unbound-variable)

Thanks for your swift response, not to mention for snd and clm
themselves. Snd is working as hoped, all the ladspa goodies easily
accessible. Perhaps a line could be added to the readme to the effect
that Guile needs to be compiled --with-threads, as the default is to
build without?
I have one other question/problem:
Regarding clm. My lisp is cmucl-19c. I can't get definstrument working
at all. I understand that cmucl can't deal with multiple instances of
definstrument, but it complains about being unable to find the lisp
source file even with the example "simp" from the manual.

    Error in function (:MACRO DEFINSTRUMENT):
       oops -- I can't find SIMP's lisp source file!
       [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Sorry to bother you with this, as from what I've gleaned from googling
mailing list discussions it's a cmucl bug and not a problem with clm at
all. Just wondering if there's a workaround. I'm using the ready-rolled
cmucl binaries, thus far I've been unable to compile from source, and I
couldn't get sbcl to load all.lisp (or to run in SLIME).

Thanks,
Jonathan.