[CM] Re: I'd like to report an error on portmidi.tar.gr

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:39:37 -0800

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 22:04:30 +0200
From: Thanassis Zervopoulos <azervopoulos@gmail.com>

Hi,
My name is Thanassis Zervopoulos and i am studing at Technical University of Crete. I'm working on a
project thar requires real-time interaction with a midi and an application, so I've downloaded portmidi
from  CM Links-> Linux Portmidi installation which is the archive portmidi.tar.gz. I've followed the
instructions but there was an error message "Can't open "/usr/lib/libporttime.so " " Undefined
Symbol ....Thread....."
so I put this line ---  (cffi:load-foreign-library "/usr/lib/libpthread.so")  ---  to portmidi.lisp after the
comments
;;; linux: guess i need to load porttime.so first (?) osx doesnt seem
;;; to need this lib at all...

and works fine.

I'm new on this area with cm,clm,cmn,portmidi so i'd like to ask you if it is better to use portmidi or
midishare for real-time midi i/o and will i need rts for real-time interaction?

Thank you in advance