[CM] snd-gtk-alsa "alsa_audio_open: could not set rate to exactly 44100, set to 3200 instead"

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 04:06:39 -0800

This turns out to messier than I first thought -- the code in audio.c is
using the old api, but somehow the old_pcm.h header is picked up
(I still haven't threaded my way through all the macros; I just
ignored old_pcm.h yesterday), so the code as it was is ok, in that
regard.  I notice that aplay sets the srate before choosing the period
size (and has commented out the reverse method), whereas audio.c
gets the period first.   I'll write a test version that follows aplay.c
slavishly, then get back to you for a test of it.  Thanks for the help!