[CM] Playing MIDI files in CYGWIN/XP

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:22:31 -0500

first, why not just download a clisp win32 binary? you can use it
with XEmacs. i think this is one:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/clisp/clisp-2.41-win32-with-readline-
and-gettext.zip?modtime=1161007384&big_mirror=1

> My problem is that the MIDI play functions don't work.  OSS-PLAY-
> MIDI-FILE doesn't work because "playmidi" doesn't exist.

figure out what the pathname is to the windows "media player" exe is
and set cm's *midi-player* variable to that. i think you can use
unix / for the directory character in clisp.

(defparameter *midi-player* "c:/program files/whatever.exe")

this used to work without problem (i dont have a windows machine to
test for you, sorry)

you can put this *midi-player* definition in a ".cminit.lisp" file in
your home directory (whatever windows thinks that is!) or change it
in the system  source file cm/src/midi2.scm. the next time you start
cm it will regenerate the .lisp source from .scm, compile and load
the file and your changes will be there.

--rick