[CM] Grace freezes on sprout

Sergey cmdist at nospam.frostglow.com
Sat Sep 22 13:53:27 PDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 03:04:29PM -0500, Heinrich Taube wrote:

> > I'm using glibc-2.13-r4 on my system.  Perhaps that accounts for the
> > difference?  I don't know what widget toolkit Grace uses to get the Open
>
> what apt-get command i need to update my lib to what you are suing?

Unfortunately, Gentoo (the version of Linux that I use) uses a
completely different package management system from Ubuntu.  So the
commands for doing this are totally different on Gentoo (it doesn't use
apt-get at all) and even the package names differ.  I only very rarely
use Ubuntu, and don't know enough about it to answer your question.

My best guess is to try:

  # apt-get update
  # apt-get upgrade libc6

But I'm not sure if that'll upgrade the right package, and I think it'll
only upgrade to whatever the recent version of libc6 is, not to a
particular version.

Perhaps someone else here who knows Ubuntu could help?

  --Sergey