[CM] GRACE problems

Tito Latini tito.01beta at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 14:00:56 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 11:42:45AM -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I built the latest SVN update, have a problem with the audio device
> selection :
>
>     Error when trying to open audio device!
>
>     Could not open audio device "jack": Invalid argument (-22)
>
> I also received similar errors when I selected any other device listed,
> including the default ALSA device. As far as I can tell, nothing else is
> using JACK.
>
> I'm also having trouble with the SDIF support. I specify
>
>   premake4 --with-sdif=/usr
>
> and premake reports no problem, which it shouldn't because sdif.h is
> located at /usr/include. Make doesn't report a problem, but it doesn't
> build an SDIF-enabled GRACE. I had no issues with the FOMUS and oscpack
> support, and they are indicated in the GRACE window.
>
> Any suggestions ?

The fix for JACK is

sed 's/"jack"/"with-jack"/' -i premake4.lua       # line 257

premake4 clean
premake4 --with-jack --with-sdif=/usr

About SDIF:

ls /usr/{include/,lib64/lib}sdif*
/usr/include/sdif.h          /usr/lib64/libsdif-3.11.4.so  /usr/lib64/libsdif.la
/usr/include/sdif_version.h  /usr/lib64/libsdif.a          /usr/lib64/libsdif.so

grep SDIF Grace.make
[...] -DJUCE_JACK=1 [...] -DWITH_SDIF [...]

and libsdif is linked with the binary Grace after the compilation.
Perhaps (premake4.lua:362):

    libdirs({sdif .. "lib"})

fails on your system. You could try to replace "lib" with "lib64".

(JACK audio tested in [Audio]->[Audio Settings...]->[Test])