[CM] Snd: getting a prompt on stdout

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 06:34:08 PDT 2016

I think it would be a good idea to add "s7webserver", which is found in s7,
to snd.
(or something similar)  Using s7webserver, you have two programs, snd and,
s7repl.
These two programs communicate via web sockets.

It has the following advantages when using a(n) snd  repl:
* You don't have to start snd inside emacs, and you don't have to restart
the repl
   when you restart snd. You can start and stop the repl at any time, and
you can start
   and stop snd at any time.
* Simple to set prompt
* You can control snd from another machine or from a web browser. In the
s7webserver directory
   there is also a javascript program (in addition to the repl program),
which is started by
snd repl
   in a web browser.

Radium has used s7webserver for a long time like this, so it should be
stable.

I just made a couple of quick changes to snd to support this:
http://folk.uio.no/~ksvalast/xen.c.diff
http://folk.uio.no/ksvalast/makefile.diff

Recipe (untested):

cd snd