[CM] Unicode support

Rudolf Adamkovič salutis at me.com
Sat Jun 4 12:53:59 PDT 2022

bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU writes:

> I thought from your example that you wanted to see a filled
> square.

I apologize for not communicating with clarity.  I wanted to "see" the
square in the source code, during debugging, in test failures, and also
in the native UI that s7 feeds at runtime.

In other words, I took "has Unicode" to mean what it normally means
these days , including in Guile or Emacs Lisp, where Unicode "just
works" end-to-end for most practical purposes.  Looking at your
suggestion to hand-craft Unicode byte-vectors, I must have misread "has
Unicode" the way I misread "compatible with R7RS".  :)

I will give those byte-vectors a try.  Thanks!

Thank you!

Rudy
--
"Strange as it may sound, the power of mathematics rests on its evasion
of all unnecessary thought and on its wonderful saving of mental

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis at me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia