[PlanetCCRMA] synaptic failing on RH 7.3

Joe Hartley jh@brainiac.com
Wed Apr 2 05:40:03 2003

I just went through the upgrade process (fortunately after the
dependency fix!) and am running on the new 2.4.20-4.ll kernel.

However, I find that synaptic's now broken; it starts OK, and I do the
usual update.  I choose packages for installation or updating (doesn't
matter which) and I get the Operation Summary popup.  Clicking the
Proceed button there instantly crashes synaptic, leaving a corefile
behind.

apt and apt-devel are at version 0.5.5cnc4.1-1 and synaptic's at
0.24.1-1.  I updated the apt.conf and sources.list files as required,
and in fact, apt runs just fine.  I just upgraded the OpenSSL packages
through apt, and it went swimmingly.

Anyone know why this is happening?

On a side note, I noticed that there's an update for synaptic under
RH 8.0 only.  Fernando, is this the preferred installation of RH for using
Planet CCRMA now?  I'll upgrade the OS if there's a reason to, and if it's
the primary development platform for the Planet now, that's a good enough
reason!

Thanks again to Fernando for making this as painless as possible.