[PlanetCCRMA] a little ot but... (plus "there's something about jack")

Kjetil S. Matheussen k.s.matheussen@notam02.no
Fri Apr 4 05:04:02 2003

On 3 Apr 2003, Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> > Have any of you noticed any flakyness using pd and jack?  I'm able to
> > kick myself out of pd quite easily by grabbing and moving several
> > objects at once.  This only happens with "jackd -R" it can't be
> > duplicated using alsa output alone.
>
> Probably jack is kicking out pd. Pd is going to be difficult to really
> integrate with jack as (as I understand it) meshes the gui and the audio
> too closely so that the gui can delay the audio.

Actually, I got it working pretty well just by taking the gui code update
into its own thread (which constantly polled the gui). There were some
situations where pd crashed though, but I cant believe it should be that
hard to fix. Might be wrong though. Anyway, I hope Miller have this fixed
in his 0.37 release.