[PlanetCCRMA] Must I upgrade to build Ardour?

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Sat Apr 5 07:21:01 2003

On Sat, 2003-04-05 at 06:45, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 06:18:19 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> >    Am I the only person at the Planet building Ardour? My system seems
> > to have updated a number of things, but Jack wasn't one of them. I'm
> > still at Jack 0.51. Will I get Jack 0.66.x when I get configured with
> > your newest Planet configurations?
>
> No, I build ardour every now and again, but I keep one machine with CVS
> JACK (so I can make patches to it).

Steve,
   Hi. I guess I understand that you developers can build everything
from scratch so you don't required the Planet to absolutely up to date.
I'm assuming that this issue is related to Fernando waiting for Jack to
stabilize again? I don't read the developer lists much anymore, but what
little I have seen has looked like Jack hasn't been working very well. I
presume that Fernando is trying to mitigate the pain a lot of us user
types would see?

Thanks,
Mark