[PlanetCCRMA] rh9

Sun Apr 6 19:34:01 2003

>  Howdy. First of all, thanks for all the help with alsa and your work on
> the repository. You'll be pleased to know I have everything working
> great with rh9, as far as I can tell. I know you're busy and getting to
> It as soon as you are able, but just out of curiosity, do you have a
> timeframe for the rh9 stuff? I know you just did a major overhaul on the
> repository, but my /etc/apt/ dir gets itchy without my favorite
> sources.list in it. I'm sure there's alot of us that are dying to know.

Hi... I'm working on it. It will be ready when it is ready, in the best
tradition of commiting to hard deadlines in the open source world. I
have a lot of the packages built but now I'm starting to deal with the
ones that resisted my first attempt...

Oh well, let's see: my local binary packages directory for 9 has now 142
packages... (maybe not all of them working, of course :-)

Maybe I'll release what I have tomorrow and add to it during the week as
time permits.

-- Fernando

[currently trying to deal with stupid spurious requires of "perl(a)" in
gtkmm-devel-1.2.10... applying known fix but it is not working and I'm
wasting a lot of time on this...]