[PlanetCCRMA] new kernel

Juan Reyes juanig@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon Apr 7 18:15:03 2003

> Woot! Any chance of producing a package of them, for those of us too laze
> to build them ourselves?
>
> - Steve

I just got a new tarball from the linux-wlan site.

http://www.linux-wlan.org/

I downloaded linux-wlan-ng-0.2.0.tar.gz

Of course there is a caveat: For the pcmcia cards you need to have the
kernel-pcmcia sources if you are using the pcmcia module. In redhat7.3 I
have kernel-pcmcia-cs-3.1.27-18.

Otherwise it works with the Linux kernel-source instructions at the
planet change-log. Make sure you have the symbolic link for
/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-4.ll.acpi/.config

I used: kernel-2.4.20-i686.config

cd /usr/src/linux-2.4.20-4.ll.acpi/
ln -s /usr/src/linux-2.4.20-4.ll.acpi/configs/kernel-2.4.20-i686.config
.config

You know, I wish I had the knowledge of others (yes!) for creating
planet's spec files :-)

keep  me posted

 --* Juan