[PlanetCCRMA] RH 8.0 apt.conf/sources.list issues

Thu Apr 10 10:07:02 2003

>    Hi. This evening I did my sort of normal once a week update check.
> Everything went normally, except I got an extra message about new
> apt.conf and source.list files.
>
>    2:apt                    warning: /etc/apt/apt.conf created as
> /etc/apt/apt.conf.rpmnew
> warning: /etc/apt/sources.list created as /etc/apt/sources.list.rpmnew
> ########################################### [ 18%]
>
> Following that I presumed that these files would be for me, so I went
> through the process of getting them moved around, and then attempted
> another apt-get. Now it looks like my system is trying to play a RH 9.0
> game.
>
> Have I hurt anything? (Hope not...) Why would these files be provided if
> I'm running 8.0?

Just leave the previous (ccrma) files in and do an "apt-get update"
again. There is no need to change them. When you need to change them
I'll post a BIG warning :-)

I upgraded apt on 8 and 9 to get rid of a potential problem with
corrupted apt databases for certain mixes of packages, but the upgrade
does not impact the configuration files.

-- Fernando