[PlanetCCRMA] Fw: Kernel 2.4.20-4.ll.acpi(smp) panic!

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc@rncbc.org
Thu Apr 10 11:44:01 2003

Fernando,

>> Finally, the build fails on "make bzImage" somewhere (as of
>> 2.4.21-pre7.patch).
>> [...]
>> When 2.4.21-pre6.patch is in place, bzImage gets built
>> but "make modules" doesn't.

Oops, dunno if I've swiched hands here, I mean probably is pre7 that fails
in compiling modules, not pre6. But it doesn't matter any more.

OTOH, I'm thinking to start kidding with the 2.5 kernel, as its almost
reaching a feature-freeze status. What recommendations and suggestions do
you may think of at this time, specifically regarding the example of
akpm's mm patches?

Regards,
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela