[PlanetCCRMA] Re: DVD playback not fluent

Alex Timmer mijn_troep@yahoo.com
Fri Apr 11 06:04:02 2003

hi John,

is your /dev/dvd a real device or just a symbolic link? if the latter
is the case, did you try hdparm as root on the 'real' dvdrom device?
in my case /dev/dvd is a symlink to /dev/hdc and i have to use hdparm
on /dev/hdc to get any effect.

does your drive support dma? if you do 'hdparm /pathto/drivename' you
get a listing of capabilities of the drive.

hope this helps, ALEX