[PlanetCCRMA] jack, alsa, rh9 repository

Kevin Bowen kevin@ucsd.edu
Sun Apr 20 15:04:01 2003

I just upgraded by box to RH9, put the rh9 planet repositories in my
sources.list, and started upgrading packages... started with kernel and alsa,
seemed to go fine (alsa is working), then installed jack, jack-rack and
associated utils. I can start jackd fine (with 'jackd -d alsa -d emu10k1')
but when I try to launch either jack-rack or kaconnect, I get:
ALSA lib seq_hw.c:446:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file
or directory

And they are correct, the device /dev/snd/seq doesn't exist, though I have no
recollection of whether it did before.

I'm confused... any ideas what happened?

Kevin Bowen
kevin@ucsd.edu