[PlanetCCRMA] Kernel issues on Vaio GRX770 w/ RH9.0 base...

Andrew Bertola drew@drewb.com
Mon Apr 21 14:40:02 2003

Hey Everyone,

I just joined this list and am new to the CCRMA.  It's a very exciting
project for me.

I've had a few problems with the latest kernel, and I think it's related
to ACPI stuff.  I started with a base install of Red Hat 9, and then
installed the latest kernel w/ acpi and ll.
(kernel-2.4.20-4.ll.acpi.i686.rpm) and the corresponding alsa-kernel
package.

After rebooting, I couldn't get pcmcia to work (though ohci1394 finally
worked).  I've tried pci=noacpi, acpi=none, and acpi=off, all of which
had no effect on the pcmcia problem, but some changes to loading
ohci1394 were noted.

Any clues?

--
Drew