[PlanetCCRMA] alsa modules messed up

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu mauriziopuxeddu@yahoo.it
Sun Apr 27 17:43:01 2003

Dear Fernando.

Hi use the Planet on a rH8.0. I recompiled the kernel from sources
because i needed to activate packet filtering. This erase all old
modules, included alsa modules. I cannot play PD.
I could not find a way to re-install the alsa modules packages with
apt-get and I cannot find the current version of that package on ccrma
site. I find packages for 2.4.20 only.
I tryed to follow your instructions and rebuild the alsa rpm but i get:

[root@estesico SPECS]# rpm --upgrade
../RPMS/i386/alsa-*-0.9.2-4.cvs.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
        kernel-modules = 2.4.19 is needed by
alsa-kernel-2.4.19-0.9.2-4.cvs

I never had that module. what should I do?

Thanks,

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu.