[PlanetCCRMA] Kernel barf during modprobe/alsaconf/SBLive

Tue Dec 2 11:02:00 2003

> Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> <snip>
> > Best luck...
> > -- Fernando
>
> I've managed to compile and install my own kernel, currently working on
> my own alsa build.
>
> During building of the alsa-lib rpm (from cvs spec), it seems to be
> setting arch to i386, the cpu type is being set to i686. Should this be
> something of a concern if it's being built on and for an i586? setting
> --target during the rpm build seems to have zero effect. Could a CPU
> mismatch such as this be causing the module loading to be failing?

No, that is fine, march=i386 sets things for any ix86 processor. The
module load is part of the alsa-driver kernel modules, the alsa library
is out of the loop on that.

> Further into the build of the rpm, it barfs with:
> error: File not found by glob:
> /var/tmp/alsa-lib-root/usr/lib/alsa-lib/*jack*
>
> Thoughts and tips appreciated as always,

Maybe you don't have the jack developer files installed. You should edit
the spec file and disable the jack plugin, or install
jack-audio-connection-kit-devel before trying to build alsa-lib.

-- Fernando