[PlanetCCRMA] Re: adding extra midi in..

Jonathan Segel jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com
Wed Dec 3 15:00:03 2003

>I'll sell ya my midisport :)

well, actually since i already have a fastlane 2x2 sitting around, i
think i'll try that first.

>  > On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 14:07, Jonathan Segel wrote:
>>  > hello, i'm wondering about how to configure for adding extra midi
>  > > input to my system.
>
>  > In almost all cases I think you have to watch out to make sure the darn
>>  thing is recognized at boot time. Mine isn't under Gentoo, but I think
>>  Fernando's changes to the init scripts probably fix this under Redhat.
>>  In my case I have to pull the plug and plug in the USB cable to get it
>  > to work, but after that it's

strangely, it isn't showing up anymore. since i couldnt' find any
reference to alsa usb mid drivers that were uncoupled from teh
usb-audio drivers, i tried adding snd-usb-aduio to alsa, but it
doesn't seemt o be working..

could either of you show me what you have in modules.conf and
.asoundrc  to get the midisport to work alongside?

Jonathan Segel  -- MAGNETIC -- PO Box 460816 S.F. CA. 94146-0816
               4014 Brookdale Ave. Oakland, CA 94619
   jsegel@magneticmotorworks.com <-----> magsatellite@yahoo.com
                http://www.MagneticMotorworks.com
    tel (510) 534 7825  cell (510) 484 7415  fax (425) 955 4495