[PlanetCCRMA] OSS blocking ALSA? (Newbie)

Emiliano Grilli Emiliano Grilli <emiliano.grilli@poste.it>
Fri Dec 5 12:31:02 2003

venerdì, 05 dicembre 2003 alle 14:07:19, Toby ha scritto:
> I’m running KDE as my x-server.  I believe that the ALSA drivers have
> successfully loaded and have identified my card with the ICE1712
> driver.  I tried to start the ALSA drivers from the command line and
> the system told me that ALSA was already running.  I went into the
> visual mixer (envy24control), and un-muted the two outputs.  I also
> tested the inputs and it appears that I am getting sound into the card.
>
> I would appreciate anyone’s insight into my conflict.  I am computer
> literate, but have little Linux experience.  Thanks.

Are you sure artsd (KDE sound server) isn't running? Do a "pstree|grep
artsd" and if is here kill it with "killall -9 artsd" then, if this was the
problem, you can disable it in the kde control center.

HTH ciao
--
Emiliano Grilli
Linux user #209089