[PlanetCCRMA] Still stuck with Hammerfall HDSP.....

Mon Dec 8 16:37:01 2003

> > It would appear that it should be recognized:
> >
> > in hdsp.c I find:
> > >	case 0x96:
> > >		hdsp->card_name = "RME HDSP 9632";
> > >		hdsp->max_channels = 16;
> > >		is_9632 = 1;
> > >		break;
>

> I searched for files with hdsp* (from / and including all subdirectories)
> and my machine only found hdsp.h (in /usr/include/sound) but no hdsp.c
> anywhere. Where is it supposed to be, why would it not be there, and how do
> I get it there if it needs to be there?

Sorry, it is in the source code for ALSA, if you want to look at it you
would have to download the source rpm for the alsa packages.

> > Ludo: did you try to put it in a different pci slot? It should not make
> > any difference, of course :-)
>
> Yup, already tried that last week because I also didn't trust "of course"...
> But it made no difference.

Do you see anything in /var/log/messages or in the output of dmesg that
may be related to this problem?

-- Fernando