[PlanetCCRMA] alsa midi and soundblaster

Aaron aamehl@bezeqint.net
Tue Dec 9 07:07:01 2003

HI,I was wondering if we could update to Planet CCRMA web page to
include an explaination for getting midi working on the sblive.

To heard midi with the sblive sfxload a soundfont, if you can't find
them on your sblive cd there are sites on the web to download them from.

Make sure you have alsa libs and the development versions of the libs
installed.

install pmidi and check which port to use (man pmidi).

pmidi the port and the midi file and you will be playing through the
card. in a midi program select the midi port for playing from a keyboard
throught the sblive.

These are not exact directions but with a bit of fiddling this should
get it to work.

Aaron