[PlanetCCRMA] Incompatable dependecies after update of RedHat 8

Tue Dec 9 12:21:00 2003

> I am trying to install rosegarden4 on my RH8 host computer connected to
> the Internet through a server on my private network.  I am now using
> apt-get but getting the following dependency mismatchs.  (I have down
> loaded CD images and downloaded directly from the Internet with the same
> results.) I have done the apt-get update and then apt-get dist-upgrade
> (note that the dist-upgrade produces a very similar response to the on
> listed below) and got the following response:
>
> [root@robo1 apt]# apt-get -o RPM::Install-Options::=--oldpackage install
> planetccrma-core
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
>  cups-devel: Depends: cups-libs (= 1.1.17) but 1:1.1.15-10 is to be
> installed
>  kdelibs-devel: Depends: kdelibs (= 6:3.0.5a-5) but 6:3.0.3-8 is to be
> installed
>  planetccrma-core: Depends: kernel-version-arch (= 2.4.22-6.ll.rh80-athlon)
>                    Depends: alsa-kernel-arch-2.4.22-6.ll.rh80 (=
> 0.9.6-2.cvs.rh80-athlon)
>                    Depends: midishare-kernel-arch-2.4.22-6.ll.rh80 (=
> 1.86-2.rh80-athlon)
> E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
> specify a solution).

What do you have in /etc/apt/sources.list? It does not look like you
have the full set of Planet CCRMA URLs, check the web page on
configuring apt for the canonical sources.list. Just in case, also try
commenting out any URLs not pointing to Planet CCRMA, then do an
"apt-get update" and see if it works better.

-- Fernando