[PlanetCCRMA] Solved my pcmcia problem!

Guy Clotilde guy.clotilde@wanadoo.fr
Mon Dec 15 09:01:00 2003

Hi all, hi Fernando

I solved my problem and I post it so that it may help someone some day :)
I has lost my pcmcia network card after removing the kernel-pcmcia-cs rpm (yeah I know that's quite dumb, I was trying un-installing un-needed packages and I messed up).
I was going to re-install redhat 8.0 on my laptop, but I really felt it I had to try harder before.

I just typed "locate pcmcia", found a "/etc/sysconfig/pcmcia.rpmsave" file:
 -----------------
PCMCIA=yes
PCIC=yenta_socket
PCIC_OPTS=
CORE_OPTS=
 -----------------

and a  "/etc/sysconfig/pcmcia" file:
 -----------------
PCMCIA=no
PCIC=
PCIC_OPTS=do_scan=0
CORE_OPTS=
CARDMGR_OPTS=-f
 -----------------

obviously the second one was wrong for me, so I renamed it ".bad" and renamed the first without ".rpmsave".
ok, now I should know how to re-start the needed things without rebooting, but eh! I rebooted,
and bingo! It works now.
So "rpm -e" then "rpm" the same package may change the config files. Thanksfully, rpm keeps a backup of the file.

Linux is really great, that's all I want to say now :)

cheers all.
GuyCLO~
#219055 http://counter.li.org
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/index.html
Change your Linux PC in a Rythm Station with holborn's GMORGAN:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/guy.clotilde/GMORGAN/index.html