[PlanetCCRMA] alsa-oss

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Fri Dec 19 09:59:01 2003

> > > OK, I checked my Planet box and aoss doesn't seem to be installed. Why
> > > is that? It's part of the Alsa-OSS package.
> >
> > *listens keenly*
>
> I don't think alsa-oss is part of the Planet ... at least, I don't
> see it in the SRPMS.

No, I think it must be included isn't it? In the snippet below from the Alsa
configuration page on the Planet you do get instructions for setting OSS
support. I was pretty sure this part only works if you build alsa-oss, but
possibly I'm wrong:

# --- ALSA configuration
alias char-major-116 snd
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias snd-card-0 snd-ens1370  <---The Alsa driver in the example

#--- OSS compatibility alias
sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss <--- OSS Emulation stuff
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

options snd major=116 cards_limit=1 \
  device_mode=0666 device_gid=0 device_uid=0
options snd-ens1370 index=0 id=SBPCI128
#--- Keep modules from being autocleaned
add options -k snd-card-0
#--- ALSA configuration END

At least this is the way I understand it, but I'm possibly wrong.

I have a suspicion that maybe aoss is only built with some configuration
option? Possibly?

Don't know...

Thanks!

- Mark