[PlanetCCRMA] alsa-oss

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Fri Dec 19 11:19:03 2003

> > > OK, I checked my Planet box and aoss doesn't seem to be installed. Why
> > > is that? It's part of the Alsa-OSS package.
> >
> > *listens keenly*
>
> I never packaged it. I tried building it a long long time ago and it was
> not ready for prime time. Will look into it again.
>
> -- Fernando

Thanks.

I use aoss successfully with xmms. It allows me, with proper .asoundrc
entries, to get OSS emulation to use just a pair of playback channels
instead of all 26 inputs on my HDSP 9652, so at that level it's helpful. It
doesn't allow me to successfully choose which playback channels I want to
use (independent of what I've been told) and no one suggests why.

It does not work on my system with alsaplayer using 'aoss alsaplayer -o
oss', so it isn't perfect. That just crashes...

cheers,
Mark