[PlanetCCRMA] More newbie questions

Crispin cc26@ohm.york.ac.uk
Sun Dec 21 05:14:01 2003

Er, like the subject says.

1. How can I run non-jack apps like audacity or soundtracker, while jack
is running (they otherwise return errors along the lines of "/dev/dsp
audio device busy"?

2. LADCCA.  It seems that I'm meant to run LADCCA as root (or is that
wrong?)  Why do I get messages from audio apps saying
"/root/LADCCA/<something> exists, but we can't access it"?  Is it
possible to start LADCCA automatically on bootup?  how?

3. Memory.  I've only got 256M (never thought the day would come when
that was little!)  Sometimes it all starts swapping.  Any hints on
non-essential redhat processes I can kill?  how do I disable them
permenantly?

many thanks for all the help,

--
Crispin