[PlanetCCRMA] Cannot install latest Muse (package conflict) or record audio

Guy Daniel CLOTILDE guy.clotilde@wanadoo.fr
Sun Dec 21 06:19:01 2003

Hello

Crispin wrote / a écrit:
> > Hello
>
> I'm afraid this is probably a newbie question - I'm not used to
> package management! - hopefully the answer is simple though?
[snip]
> How can I have both fluidsynth and the latest muse?

I think the best way to go (if you haven't done it) is to use synaptic. It handles the dependencies between packages and I have fluidsynth and muse installed. Synaptic can help remove conflicting packages if there are (usually installed with rpm --force or --nodeps , bad bad thing :-)

> PS silly Muse question:  how can one record audio?  I can see the
> audio input on the VU meter in the mixer if the "pre" button is
> clicked.  I turn up the slider.  I set the destination of that column
> to be the track I wish to record to.  But the audio track's "input
> route" menu has no options on it, and recording simply writes silence
> to the track. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry, as I said in a previous post, I don't know much about muse audio tracks.
Hope some more advanced user can respond.

Regards
GuyCLO~