[PlanetCCRMA] More newbie questions

Sun Dec 21 11:45:02 2003

> 1. How can I run non-jack apps like audacity or soundtracker, while jack
> is running (they otherwise return errors along the lines of "/dev/dsp
> audio device busy"?

Some of them can be configured to use jack instead of the normal alsa or
oss driver. Look at their configuration menus. If an app is pure alsa or
oss then you cannot use it at the same time as jack (jack uses the audio
device). If it works with oss you could try jacklaunch (sometimes it can
run oss apps as jack clients, depends on how the app was created).

> 2. LADCCA.  It seems that I'm meant to run LADCCA as root (or is that
> wrong?)  Why do I get messages from audio apps saying
> "/root/LADCCA/<something> exists, but we can't access it"?  Is it
> possible to start LADCCA automatically on bootup?  how?

LADCCA should run as a normal user (in the same way that Jack runs). It
is not meant to run as a "daemon" with root privileges.

-- Fernando