[PlanetCCRMA] Wierd playback with xmms-mpg123 on alsa

David Fraser davidf@sjsoft.com
Mon Dec 22 09:07:01 2003

Hi

I have wierd problems playing back certain files using xmms-mpg123 on alsa.
They work fine using OSS, but when using ALSA I get a jerky sound that
seems to be playing blocks of the file at high frequency alternating
with blocks of other sound, each about an eighth of a second long.
These files are all MP3 files with a single channel. Dual-channel Ogg
files work fine on both OSS and alsa.
I tried converting one of these MP3 files to Ogg, and it still gave the
same problem, so I presume this must be a problem with the XMMS ALSA
output for single-channel files.
Playing the MP3 and OGG files in alsaplayer both worked fine.

Thanks
David