[PlanetCCRMA] problem installing cmucl-cm-clm-cmn

Mon Dec 22 13:37:01 2003

> > > I've gotten this every time I've tried to install cmucl-cm-clm-cmn since
> > > I upgraded to fc1 and the planet ccrma fc1 packages:
> > >
> > > Uncompressing lisp core...
> > > Rebuilding clm foreign function interface...
> > > /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.88773: line 10:  4291 Segmentation fault
> > > /usr/bin/lisp -core /usr/lib/cmucl/cm-clm-cmn.core -eval
> > > "(clm::rebuild-ffi)(sys::quit)"

> > Have you also updated glibc? Which version of glibc do you currently
> > have? Getting cmucl to run at all on fc1 was all an ugly hack...
>
> Guess I should have listed that explicitly...  yes, I'm upgraded to
> glibc-2.3.2-101.1, and I'm pretty sure that was before ever installing any of
> the fc1 planet ccrma packages.

Same version here. Obviously I don't see the problem you see.
What happens if you do a:
  /usr/bin/lisp -core /usr/lib/cmucl/lisp-dist.core
Do you get a common lisp prompt ("*")?
(you can exit by typing "(bye)", without the '"'s)

And just in case there were some kind of upgrade problems, /usr/bin/lisp
should be a shell script (check that).

-- Fernando