[PlanetCCRMA] Failed dependencies installing alsa driver

Thu Jan 2 12:38:02 2003

> I've tried to install the kernel and alsa driver following the instructions:
>
> apt-get install kernel-up#2.4.19-1.ll@i386 alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll alsa-driver alsa-lib alsa-utils alsa-tools
>
>  but but I've received the following message:
>
> error: failed dependencies:
>         alsa-driver-modules-0.9.0-36 is needed by alsa-driver-0.9.0-36.

Hmmm, I wonder why it is trying to install alsa version 36. That is very
old and does not have modules for the i386 kernel (that is the error you
are getting). The latest alsa is 43 (43.1 for the drivers) and I just
checked and it is in the repository (and has a version of the modules
for the i386 kernel).

Email me what the system says if you type:
  apt-cache showpkg alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll

(do another "apt-get update" just in case).
What processor does the machine you are trying to install on have?

-- Fernando