[PlanetCCRMA] Re: [ardour-dev] heads up (libsamplerate)

Thu Jan 2 20:00:03 2003

> > > if you haven't got erik's new libsamplerate on your system yet, you
> > > might want to go get it:
> > >
> > >       http://www.mega-nerd.com/SRC/
> > >
> > > you will need it to compile the next commit of Ardour, which will
> > > include sample rate conversion facilities for export (such as: export
> > > that 48kHz session at 44.1kHz, with 5 quality levels to choose from).
> >
> > For Planet CCRMA users: libsamplerate 0.0.13 is now part of the Planet
> > CCRMA package repository.
> >
> > -- Fernando
>
> [mark@Godzilla mark]$ ls /usr/lib/libsamplerate.*
> /usr/lib/libsamplerate.a   /usr/lib/libsamplerate.so.0
> /usr/lib/libsamplerate.la  /usr/lib/libsamplerate.so.0.0.11
> [mark@Godzilla mark]$
>
> Sort of looks like maybe it needs a link of some type?
>
> Or is the version number somehow wrong?

Nope, there is a link missing as you said. Apparently the install target
of libsamplerate's makefile does not follow $DESTDIR when creating the
link, so it is missing in the rpm. I'll make another release tomorrow
with a fix.

Thanks for the feedback.
-- Fernando