[PlanetCCRMA] RH 8.0 upgrade

Carr Wilkerson carrlane@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat Jan 4 21:26:01 2003

Hello,
	I just upgraded to RH 8.0 with iso images recently downloaded.  I
selected the 'upgrade' option during installation.   I noticed that the
apps previously installed with planetCCRMA are still there. I wonder if the 'upgrade'
option was the best?
	Interestingly, the 2.4.18-14 kernel which came with RH 8.0 halts
in mid boot, but the previously configured (with RH 7.3) planetCCRMA
kernel 2.4.19-11, which is still avail in GRUB, seems to work fine.  pd
and xmms audio out... check.
	One more thing, when I boot the 2.4.19-11 kernel from GRUB, I did

rpm -q kernel

and got...

kernel-2.4.18-14

hmmm...

I am sure that there are some newbie misunderstandings, wrapped up in
these questions.

I guess my question is, what is the status of my machine with regard to
how to proceed with planetCCRMA in RH 8.0?  Should I have chosen a
different installation type?

Carr

--
Carr L. Wilkerson, Jr.
Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCRMA)