[PlanetCCRMA] Usb midi problem

Roger Dannenberg rbd@cs.cmu.edu
Sun Jan 5 18:30:03 2003

Mark,
	Your log is different from mine: yours says:
	...Module setup ezusbmidi for USB product 763/1001/1 ...
Where mine says:
	.../etc/hotplug/usb.agent: ... no modules for USB product
763/1001/1...

I discovered that apparently
	/lib/modules/2.4.19-1.11/modules.usbmap
 lists all the usb devices by number. Sure enough, my list doesn't have
an entry for 0x0763 0x1001 (the Midisport 2x2).

This file is generated automatically when you boot, but I don't know
where the information comes from. It might be helpful if you could look
in your modules.usbmap file and see if there's a line for the midisport
there, e.g. do
	grep 763 /lib/modules.usbmap
(which should print 10 or so long lines) and see if any of the output
lines has 0x1001. This would at least confirm my hunch that my
modules.usbmap file is defective.

Be sure to look at the modules.usbmap that corresponds to your active
kernel. Each kernel has a directory in /lib/modules/*.

	Thanks,
	Roger