[PlanetCCRMA] updated: sweep, spiralsynthmodular

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Mon Jan 6 13:29:01 2003

Fernando,
   Some things for you to consider:

1) There is a new, fairly major release for Rosegarden that includes many
new features and many bug fixes. You might want to do a new RPM one of these
days. I'm using Rosegarden every day now. It's pretty darn stable and the
development team is very interactive.

2) There is a new release of amSynth that has jack support. Unfortunately,
building it is beyond me as it requires a gtk-- library that I can't find an
RPM for and have no interest in trying to deal with myself. I think this is
one of the main issues that first stopped me from building freqtweak. Since
you and I are both interested in jackified soft synths, this is another one
to play with. I've used the non-jack version. I thought is sounded good, and
I love the interface - a clone of a small Nord Lead 3. ;-)

   Thanks again for all your great work!

Cheers,
Mark