[PlanetCCRMA] problems installing asla

Harrison Thomas harrisonfthomasjr@attbi.com
Wed Jan 8 11:46:01 2003

Harrison

-----Original Message-----
From: Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano [mailto:nando@ccrma.Stanford.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 11:36 PM
To: Harrison Thomas
Cc: planetccrma@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Subject: Re: [PlanetCCRMA] problems installing asla

> What are all those unresolved symbols?

For some reason the kernel does not match the drivers. I assume you have
successfully rebooted into the new kernel, right? I do have a machine
with the i386 kernel and drivers installed, let's see if the architectures
for the rpms in your case match, in a terminal do:

# rpm -q --queryformat  "%{ARCH}\n" kernel-up-2.4.19-1.ll
i386
# rpm -q --queryformat  "%{ARCH}\n" alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll
i386

Both should be i386 in your case.
And this should be the version number of the driver itself:

# rpm -q alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll
alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll-0.9.0-43.1

If both match then there is something wrong with the rpm in the site. I had
a problem a while ago but I (supposedly) fixed it.

> The first two entries: "Can't locate module sound-slot-0" and "Can't
locate
> module sound-service-0-3" - are these remnants of the  OSS install that
was
> removed ? Or not?

Probably not, the reason is that alsa has not started, I think. What is
the content of /etc/modules.conf?

-- Fernando