[PlanetCCRMA] cmucl-clm error

Wed Jan 8 18:11:02 2003

> > I am trying to use CMUCL-CLM on redhat 8.0. When I try to load it I got the
> > following error message. I tried all three packages(cmucl-clm,
> > cmucl-cm-clm, cmucl-cm-clm-cmn) and got same error messages.

> > ;;;
> > ;;; CLM 2 (01/07/2003)
> > ;;;
> > ;;; Running /usr/bin/ld...
> > ;;; Done.
> > ;;; Running /usr/bin/ld...
> > ;;; Done.
> >
> > Error in function UNIX::SIGSEGV-HANDLER:  Segmentation Violation at #x40007A26.
>
> I'm not seeing this error here (also on redhat 8.0). Have you upgraded
> to the latest Planet CCRMA cmucl? "rpm -q cmucl" should print:
>   cmucl-3.1.4-1

If your cmucl package is up to date try the following:

- check to see if you have this file:
  /usr/lib/cmucl/clm/ffi.x86f
  it should have been created when the rpm is installed and is the ffi
  for clm, you could try rebuilding it manually. So, first quit
  cmucl-clm. The reason for this hack was that some users were getting
  errors like yours when starting the saved image on slightly different
  machines. So now the file is rebuilt at install time.

- in a terminal, copy the ffi source file to some directory:
  cd
  mkdir clm
  cd clm
  cp /usr/share/common-lisp/source/clm/ffi.lisp .
- start cmucl-clm, after the error pops up quit the debugger (type "q")
- compile and load the ffi interface:
  (compile-file "ffi.lisp")
  (load "ffi.x86f")
- see if things work... (you may need to do a "(restart-clm)")

-- Fernando