[PlanetCCRMA] ALSA configuration problem

Juha Rouhiainen juha.rouhiainen@welho.com
Fri Jan 10 23:58:01 2003

I am very pleased to find PlanetCCRMA with huge amount of music software.
I have tried apt-get first time with PlanetCCRMA and it works great!

However I run into troubles with ALSA configuration.
I have configured ALSA using alsaconf.
My distribution is RH8.0 and my sound card is SB 128 PCI (ens1371.o).

If I boot with kernel 2.4.18-14 command 'aplay --verbose test.wav' works fine.
However when I boot with kernel 2.4.19-1.ll same command 'aplay --verbose
test.wav' does not produce any sound. No error messages, just silence.

Any suggestions how to further investigate what is wrong?
The only difference between aplay verbose listings is tick_time:
1953 (2.4.18-14)
10000 (2.4.19-1.ll)

I am sort of a newbie so please give detailed instructions...

Thanks.

Juha Rouhiainen