[PlanetCCRMA] rebuilding alsa drivers

Mark Knecht mknecht@controlnet.com
Fri Jan 17 09:21:02 2003

> >   What kind of problems ?
>
> The binary interface has changed, the modules have moved to a different
> directoy and some of the module parameters are different.
>
> I probably could have made it work eventually, but I need my studio PC to
> be stable.
>
> - Steve

In the Planet flow, Alsa is so fundamental to the whole structure that
there's just no way out of using an RPM, right Steve?

Did you actually manage to get the RPM built yourself? I'm waiting patiently
for Fernando to build a new version for my MIDI problems, but it would be
great if we could offload a little bit of this work from him. Less for him
to do, faster turnaround for everyone else.