[PlanetCCRMA] alsa crashes my system

hannes molsch hrgh@operamail.com
Sun Jan 19 16:10:02 2003

    Hello,
i installed the kernel-up#2.4.19-1.ll@i686
                alsa-driver-2.4.19-1.ll
                alsa-driver
                alsa-lib
                alsa-utils
                alsa-tools
on my RedHat 8.0 system.
I reboot with the new kernel and it woked.

But when i start alsaconf i get the message,that it canīt find any card.
My soundcard "SEKD Prodif Plus " is supported by the Alsa driver.
So i configured my modules.conf like the Alsa sound matrix told me :

     # ALSA portion
        alias char-major-116 snd
        alias snd-card-0 snd-pdplus
	# module options should go here

        # OSS/Free portion
        alias char-major-14 soundcore
        alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0

	# card #1
	alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
	alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
	alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
	alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
	alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

  and loaded the modules:
  modprobe snd-pdplus;modprobe snd-pcm-oss;modprobe              snd-mixer-oss;modprobe snd-seq-oss

Now the system crashes (it froze)
Even a reboot does not help the system crashed initializing kde.

Before i installed the new kernel i used the redhat kernel
2.4.18-19.8.0 with the alsa kernel and driver from freshrpms.net, my card works very fine with this kernel and drivers (never tried alsaconf with it ).

So what can i do to use your kernel with my card ????