[PlanetCCRMA] alsa-driver problem

Sun Jan 19 17:35:02 2003

>   Hi Fernando and others,
>   I finally discovered what is causing my problem with jackd and the
>   cmipci chipset on my midiman dio 2448:
>   Today I restarted from scratch the Planet CCRMA installation from the
>   latest iso. I noticed that there alsa-driver version was 0.9.0-36 and
>   it works well with jackd. In contrast, upgrading to 0.9.0-43 causes the
>   problem.
>   So it's alsa that has changed?

Yes, version 43 (from cvs) is much newer and, for example, works much
better with usb audio cards. Apparently it does not work in your case.
I'll release a newer version next week (I'm having problems compiling
current cvs on smp machines), which may have this issue solved. Till
then you could "downgrade" to -36 if it works for you.

>   Is this a bug or a "feature" ?

A bug :-)
-- Fernando