[PlanetCCRMA] burning cds

Alex Timmer mijn_troep@yahoo.com
Sun Jan 26 15:16:01 2003

hello Julien,

for sure it is possible to burn the cd's in Windows and then use them
for Linux... i did it myself too  ;-)

i can only advice you to check the settings of the program you use to
burn the cd's. i used "WinOnCD - CeQuadrat" and first it produced
crappy cd's for me until i found out that i had to rename my *.iso
image files to *.raw in order for "WinOnCD - CeQuadrat" to accept it
as a proper cd image!!  you have to choose that you want to burn a cd
from an image file as well. i always burn at low speeds [i'm not in a
hurry].

lastly as i have never used Nero i can only advice you to some links
i found about burning cd's from ISO images [google]:

http://www.e-smith.org/docs/howto/CD_burning_howto.php3

http://www.saunalahti.fi/~aekman/taboom/cdr_burningsoftware_nero.html

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/mandrake/Mandrake/iso/

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/e-smith/docs/howto/CD_burning_howto.php3

they contain information about Nero and other common programs. hope
this helps. happy burning!
ALEX

 --- youyou <julien.cochennec@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > hi, i'm a new
member, and i'm a "new born" in linux world, i've