[PlanetCCRMA] Kernel Panic 2

Mark Knecht markknecht@attbi.com
Sun Jan 26 15:16:28 2003

Julian,
   Hi. Welcome. I had a problem like this. The clue (for me) was that a
bit before this problem occurs, if I looked as all the info going by, I
could see that it was recognizing /dev/hde instead of /dev/hda. All I
did to get running was change the lines that are associated with the
drives in fstab, and also change the /boot/grub/grub.conf file making
all the hda's into hde's and I was up and running.

   We still haven't figured out what causes this. The stock RH kernel
has no problem with my systems, but this problem does come up with the
Planet kernel.

Cheers,
Mark